Saturday, February 23, 2008

Duck Tape

Don't you just love Duck Tape?
You can wrap it around your hand wrong sticky side out and it is wonderful to
pick up hair or lint or what ever.
Good for holding diapers together.
You can fix any number of problems with Duck Tape.
Fix a tear
Fix a hem in an emergency
The next best thing is WD 40. Girls it is amazing. If it squeaks -spray it with WD 40.
Sorry ! Not children or mice. It does keep cats and dogs from chewing on electric cords.
I also love needle nose pliers. They can cut wire, pullout pins , and all kinds of other little jobs.
I love screw drivers. Girls get you at least 3 sizes of Phillipp's and them hide them from the guys.Also the needle nose pliers need hid.
Its like dress making scissors-MUST be hidden from men and children.
I love super glue but Donnie won't let me have any of it and has instructed my aides to take it and hide it if they find it here. I only glued my finger to my eye lid. my arm to the kitchen drain board and a few other things.
I love my drill and I have all sizes of drill bits and love them and would like more. I don't have one now big enough to drill some big holes in a piece of old log i have so i can plant cacti in the holes.I even have a $60 tiny diamond drill for jewelry.
I really have to hide that set of drills.
i still would like to have a band saw and a place to work. And then there are routers?sp and all kinds of things.
Sometimes its just good to appreciate the smaller things in life. Love

3 comments:

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

I'm so glad you put a new post up. We watch this PBS show from Canada called "the Red Green Show" and they call Duct tape, "The Handyman's Secret Weapon."

In alaska we call it "100 mph tape" because it will stand up to a 100 mph wind storm or you can tarp something on to your car and drive 100 mph and it will hold.

the entire infra-structure of the state of Alaska is built on blue plastic tarps and duct tape (duck tape is a less structurally sound product - it is okay for casual uses, but we usually have to go with the stronger version up here.)

Duck tape has all different colors available in Alaska too, and they have contests to make clothes and houses and all kinds of stuff with it. But I think authentic DUCT tape only comes in that handy grey color.

One year, Brian knocked the mirror off the side of the car when it was really icy, so we just taped it back on and it stayed there for almost 2 years until someone hit the door in a parking lot and replaced the whole thing.

We only had to replace the tape on the mirror once... thus the name, 100 mph tape.

where was this stuff when Blake was breaking his glasses every other week when he was little???

Our son Kade said...

I love tools and gadgets too. We keep rolls of duct tape everywhere, because you never know when you're going to need it. Justin and I have a big tool box in our kitchen and we've got a little bit of everything in there, and i love being able to go and get a tool when I need one, or to be able to fix something. Makes me feel good. :) Glad to see you posting. Love you! Alicia

jed-laura said...

Sounds like the women in our family are all fix-it people.

If your super-glue skills are anything like mine (and they sound like they are), then I hope that your friends continue to keep the super-glue away from you :)

I once accidentally glued my wedding ring to my finger. That wasn't an easy fix... and several layers of skin later, I'm glad to say, I've learned my lesson to not mess with super glue when tired.

-Jed