Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Different Drummer

Everyman hears a different drummer, whether the the beat be near or far away.
I am so amazed by my children and their different paths they have taken and everyday get excited about each wonderful grandchild and marvelous,beautiful , intelligent , humorous great grandchildren. Each soul is so wonderful and exciting.
I always tell the grandchildren "You are one of a kind..No two SNOWFLAKES ARE ALIKE AND SO YOU ARE UNIQUE.
I so appreciate each personality. Gabe's humor, Hunter the wise little owl, Alli the princes , Taylor the singer and looking forward to new Little Rhien girl.
I am thinking a lot about Julia about to start on her life's adventure. I know its hard to live the gospel ideals in your life and so often it seems we stand alone .Heavenly Father is always aware of us. and the the sacrifices we make to keep the commandments. I can't imagine the courage for all of you it has taken to go on missions go to school , get jobs get married and have families.
Julia we all know it wont always be easy but it will be exciting, rewarding and wonderful. Remember you are not alone and just one call to anyone of us and ;you will feel our love and support.
I am a lone now and not blessed with a lot of jewels and wealth but I am among the richest women on earth because of my family and because I have had to make hard decisions but the Lord is always with me and I have peace in my heart .
When I see others go helter skelter to and for I am so thankful for the peace I have found.
I wish you all courage ,faith, hope, joy in all you do and peace of mind.
Keep on marching to your own drummer. Even if it takes you to Alaska or the Olympics in Japan.
Love Grandma Marilyn

4 comments:

The Rhiens said...

awwww Grandma, thanks for thinkin about me! Your support means so much. Love you lots, and I miss you!
-Julia

Our son Kade said...

I'm glad to see you post again. I always check to see if you've put anything up :) Love you. Alicia, oh and in case you didn't get my yahoo message, you can use any of the pictures that you want for your greeting cards. Love you.

Nicole said...

Thank you. That was very sweet.

Paul & Nicole & Taylor

jed-laura said...

We love you Grandma!

-Jed and Laura, Alli and Baby Tellulah